Thursday, May 5, 2011

UNCLE BUD ROBINSON'S DAILY PRAYER


I love to read about the great, old-time holiness preacher "Uncle" Bud Robinson.  While I cannot abide by many of his Nazarene doctrines, I find his life story and writings a constant inspiration.

Though he almost entirely lacked formal education, Uncle Bud [1893-1942] had a wisdom all of his own. It was an unusual insight into the purpose for the redeemed man here on earth, a holy walk, day by day. His philosophy is seen in the following prayer he prayed each morning:


"O Lord, give me a backbone as big as a sawlog, and ribs like sleepers under the church floor. Put iron shoes on me and galvanized breeches, and hang a wagon- load of determination in the gable end of my soul. And help me to sign the contract to fight the devil as long as I have a vision, and bite him as long as I have a tooth, and then gum him till I die! All this I ask for Christ's sake... Amen!"
Great Stuff.

PEACE

No comments: